1. Objectives and Background
Parasol PTY LTD (Parasol) is committed to providing the best service in a timely manner. We aim to accommodate your needs.
Unfortunately, when an individual or organisation cancels without giving adequate notice, it prevents another client from being served. This cancellation policy is used to respect the time commitment of all involved. It explains the process for requesting a cancellation and the fees applicable. This policy is fair to our business and the clients who would otherwise have wanted a course or course place.
We are implementing a specific cancellation policy to be upfront about all the costs you may face when engaging our services.
2. Course Content and Program Schedule
Parasol Pty Ltd (PARASOL) reserves the right to:
- Alter the advertised schedule of courses, which may include cancellation of a course.
- Alter or amend the advertised content of any course without notice to continuously provide a high-quality service or due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Change the venue from what was advertised initially.
- Will not be liable for any losses or expenses, including consequential, arising from any such alterations or amendments to the program content and schedule, including cancellation.
- Postpone courses due to natural disasters, public unrest, or other significant events outside our control.
- All courses require a minimum number of participants on each course. Parasol reserves the right to cancel any course if the minimum number of participants is not reached. Where Parasol cancels a course, individuals with confirmed bookings on that course will be offered alternative dates. A refund will be returned to the individual or organisation if none can be provided.
3. Course Transfer Policy
A confirmed booking may be transferred to another Parasol course of the same type (ALS1 to ALS1, ALS2 to ALS2 etc.), availability permitting, up to 34 days before the booking. If transferring into a course that will occur in the next 30 days, no further booking transfers will be possible. Parasol is not obliged to ensure suitable alternatives are available.
Transfers between different course types will be considered a cancellation, and a $200 administration charge will apply. Transfers are not permitted within 34 days or less of the training course start date. Any fees due will revert to a cancellation fee for the original booking if the transferred booking is subsequently cancelled. This aligns with the ARC and governing body rules regarding the distribution of the physical study manual.
Special case transfer request: It is possible to substitute a suitable alternative delegate on any place booked at no additional cost within 14 days before the course commencement if the substitute attendee has access to a manual and informs Parasol by email that they can complete the required study ahead of time. Substitute attendees must be arranged by the individual who completed the original booking.
Failure to do this will result in a no-refund cancellation. All pre-course materials already received or due must be passed on to the delegate by the individual requesting the change/booked to attend. Please email: email@example.com, and the case will be considered if suitable.
4. Cancellation Process
We understand situations can arise in which you must cancel your appointment. Due to the limited availability of course places, we request you cancel with adequate notice (34 Days out from the course). Early cancellation allows us to fill that place or course.
You may request a booking change by emailing us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We require a minimum of 34 days’ notice for cancellation. Please inform us by 15:00 EST, 34 days before your scheduled course, to notify us of any changes or cancellations. Cancellations made more than 34 days before the course incur a $200 administration charge.
If no prior notice or the notice is not provided within the minimum notice period, you will be charged a cancellation fee (see below) for the missed course.
5. Cancellation Fee
- The cancellation fee is 100% of the course
- The cancellation fee will be charged by forfeit of fees paid or
- The cancellation fee may be deducted from any deposit paid for the appointment (if any).
- Absence from registration at the commencement of the course will be classed as a cancellation.
6. Cancellation within 34 days and Replacement Possible
If the cancellation request is made within 34 days of the course date and a replacement candidate is available, Parasol may offer an alternative date for attendance. The administration of this transfer at late notice will incur a transfer fee. Course governance may prevent these replacements if the replacement candidate does not align with the ARC and governing body rules regarding adequate study time.
- Parasol PTY LTD is not obliged to ensure suitable alternatives are available.
- A transfer fee of $200 will be charged to complete the rescheduling.
- The transfer is payable before attendance at the rescheduled course.
7. Attendance and Late Arrivals
You must make arrangements to arrive for the commencement of the course and depart following its completion. Courses require attendance in total. Lack of attendance on the day, irrespective of the cause, is classified as a cancellation. Parasol cannot be responsible for any changes or cancellations of travel arrangements that result in the inability to attend a course as scheduled.
Participants are required to attend all sessions. Late arrivals for courses are not permitted. The Course Director may offer time to catch up on missed components of a single session during the course program. The Director will assess if the missed content can be met within the course time frame. As the schedule is busy, this time is limited, and late arrivals may not be able to attend the remainder of the course. This is to give all attendees the best possible chance of passing and limit disruptions for other class attendees. To uphold the required course level to pass it is important that all attendees respect the requirements and attend all sessions on time and in full.
8. Travel-Related Issues and Loss of Fees
We understand that plans may change due to uncontrollable and external circumstances. It is advised that you seek to insure against any travel disruption or delay that may impact your attendance on the course. Parasol is not responsible for any cancellation or postponement of travel arrangements or resulting loss of course place/fees.
9. Refund Policy
Parasol offers a 48-hour cooling-off period from the time of the initial booking.
All other refund requests will be processed according to the terms and conditions of this cancellation policy.
10. Communication and Behaviour
Parasol reserves the right to cancel course attendance at any time in the event of harassment and bullying. Cancellation will follow the described process above in section 4.
Parasol is committed to providing a workplace free of harassment and bullying, as prescribed by Commonwealth and state legislation. All workers have the right to be treated with dignity and respect and are required to treat each other accordingly.
This policy applies to all employees, customers, and any other workers. It applies in the workplace, including working off-site and during any activity undertaken in the course of employment, including work-related events such as business trips, meetings, social events, and training programs. Candidates may be excluded from courses prior to attendance or at any time during the course or event.
Any grievances raised under this policy will be treated seriously and as confidentially as possible. You will not be penalised or disadvantaged due to raising any genuine concern or complaint.
Harassment is not permitted and means any unwelcome behaviour that a reasonable person in the circumstances would find offensive, humiliating or intimidating. The fact that no offence was intended does not mean that harassment has not occurred. If the behaviour has the effect of being offensive, humiliating or intimidating, that is usually enough.
Harassment may occur as a single act or as a series of incidents. It may be subtle or openly hostile and occur in private or public settings.
Examples of harassment may include, but are not limited to:
- swearing in the workplace;
- gossiping about a person, or asking intrusive questions about another person’s private life, including their religion, family or other matters;
- constantly monitoring what someone else is doing, giving unsolicited or unreasonable criticism or ‘nitpicking’;
- openly displaying pictures, graffiti or other written materials that might be offensive; and/or
- sending communications via phone, email or computer networks which may be threatening, abusive, or offensive.
Sexual harassment means any unwelcome behaviour of a sexual nature that a reasonable person in the circumstances would find offensive, humiliating or intimidating. Such conduct is unlawful and not permitted.
Examples of sexual harassment may include, but are not limited to:
- sexual advances or requests for sexual favours;
- inappropriate or unsolicited physical contact, such as patting or pinching;
- sexual violence or indecent and/or sexual assault;
- public displays of nudity;
- verbal comments or unwelcome questions about someone’s appearance, dress or private life;
- lewd jokes or wolf whistling; and/or
- Communications displaying offensive material or pornography, including posters and calendars, via email, social media, or mobile phone.
Workplace bullying means repeated and unreasonable behaviour directed towards another person or group of people that creates a risk to health and safety, with:
- repeated behaviour refers to the persistent nature of such behaviour, which can be about a range of actions over time; and
- unreasonable behaviour refers to behaviour that a reasonable person would consider unreasonable in the circumstances. It includes behaviour that is victimising, humiliating, intimidating or threatening.
Such behaviour may be unlawful and is not permitted. Single incidents of such conduct may also present a risk to health and safety and will not be tolerated.
It may include obvious verbal or physical assault to very subtle psychological abuse and can include:
- physical intimidation or actions such as punching a person;
- verbal abuse, threats, sarcasm or other forms of demeaning or intimidating language or communication;
- psychological harassment;
- excluding or isolating another person; and/or
- deliberate change of work duties, sabotaging another’s work or placing unreasonable work demands on another person.
What is not workplace bullying?
Reasonable management action taken reasonably is not bullying.
Managers are responsible for conducting reviews, managing employees and clients, and providing feedback on performance and work-related behaviour. Occasionally, this may include negative reviews or comments that may be uncomfortable but will not amount to bullying or harassment.
Workplace bullying does not include:
- legitimate and relevant counselling, comments or advice relating to your performance or conduct at work; and/or
- discussion or counselling designed to assist in meeting performance targets.
Our business firmly believes that a good client and business relationship is based upon mutual understanding. Questions about our cancellation policy should be directed to email: email@example.com,
Please note you will be asked to acknowledge that you have read, understood, and consented to this Cancellation Policy. By agreeing to this, you understand that you are holding a spot, and you will be charged a cancellation fee if a course place is cancelled without providing at least 34 days notice or any failure to attend as scheduled.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. About the Website
- Welcome to www.advancedlifesupport.com.au (Website).
- The Website is operated by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd (ACN 072 488 914). Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd. Please read these terms and conditions (Terms) carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of Services, immediately.
- Parasol EMT Pty Ltd reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Parasol EMT Pty Ltd updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
2. Acceptance of the Terms
You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd in the user interface.
3. Registration to use the Services
- In order to access the Services, you must first register for an account through the Website (Account ).
- As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
- Email address
- Preferred username
- Complete legal name
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Professional registration details
- Dietary requirements
- Preferred method of contact
- Referral method
- Other contact details
- You warrant that any information you give to Parasol EMT Pty Ltd in the course of completing the registration process will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a registered User of the Website (User) and agree to be bound by the Terms.
- You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Parasol EMT Pty Ltd; or
- you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
4. Your obligations as a User
- As a User, you agree to comply with the following:
- you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- the Terms; and
- any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- you have the sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your password and/or email address. Use of your password by any other person may result in the immediate cancellation of the Services;
- any use of your registration information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify Parasol EMT Pty Ltd of any unauthorised use of your password or email address or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
- access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of Parasol EMT Pty Ltd providing the Services;
- you will not use the Services or the Website in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of Parasol EMT Pty Ltd;
- you will not use the Services or Website for any illegal and/or unauthorised use which includes collecting email addresses of Users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website;
- you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from the Website without notice and may result in termination of the Services. Appropriate legal action will be taken by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website; and
- you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its Services is prohibited.
- you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- All payments made in the course of your use of the Services are made using Stripe, Paypal or Square. In using the Website, the Services or when making any payment in relation to your use of the Services, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Stripe, Paypal or Square terms and conditions which are available on their website.
- You acknowledge and agree that where a request for the payment of the Services Fee is returned or denied, for whatever reason, by your financial institution or is unpaid by you for any other reason, then you are liable for any costs, including banking fees and charges, associated with the Services Fee.
- You agree and acknowledge that Parasol EMT Pty Ltd can vary the Services Fee at any time.
6. Refund Policy
- Parasol EMT Pty Ltd will only provide you with a refund of the Services Fee in accordance with its cancellation and refund policy.
- Any benefits set out in this Terms and Conditions may apply in addition to consumer’s rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
7. Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Website, the Services and all of the related products of Parasol EMT Pty Ltd are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the Services and compilation of the Website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, Website code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or the Services are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd or its contributors.
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd, who grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license whilst you are a User to:
- use the Website pursuant to the Terms;
- copy and store the Website and the material contained in the Website in your device’s cache memory; and
- print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
Parasol EMT Pty Ltd does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Website or the Services. All other rights are expressly reserved by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd.
- Parasol EMT Pty Ltd retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related Services. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any:
- business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or
- a right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design, or
- a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process).
- You may not, without the prior written permission of Parasol EMT Pty Ltd and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Services or third party Services for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these Terms. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website, which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
9. General Disclaimer
- Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and
- Parasol EMT Pty Ltd will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Services or the late supply of the Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- Use of the Website and the Services is at your own risk. Everything on the Website and the Services is provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors and licensors of Parasol EMT Pty Ltd make any express or implied representation or warranty about the Services or any products or Services (including the products or Services of Parasol EMT Pty Ltd) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Services, or any of its Services related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Services or any of the products of Parasol EMT Pty Ltd; and
- the Services or operation in respect to links which are provided for your convenience.
10. Limitation of liability
- Parasol EMT Pty Ltd’s total liability arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the resupply of the Services to you.
- You expressly understand and agree that Parasol EMT Pty Ltd, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
If you are in the business of providing similar Services for the purpose of providing them to users for a commercial gain, whether business users or domestic users, then you are a competitor of Parasol EMT Pty Ltd. Competitors are not permitted to use or access any information or content on our Application. If you breach this provision, Parasol EMT Pty Ltd will hold you fully responsible for any loss that we may sustain and hold you accountable for all profits that you might make from such a breach.
12. Website Terms and Conditions Termination
- The Website Terms and Conditions of Use will continue to apply until terminated by either you or by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd.
- If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by:
- providing Parasol EMT Pty Ltd with 60 days’ notice of your intention to terminate; and
- closing your accounts for all of the services which you use, where Parasol EMT Pty Ltd has made this option available to you.
Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Parasol EMT Pty Ltd via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parasol EMT Pty Ltd may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- Parasol EMT Pty Ltd is required to do so by law;
- the provision of the Services to you by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd is, in the opinion of Parasol EMT Pty Ltd, no longer commercially viable.
- Subject to local applicable laws, Parasol EMT Pty Ltd reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your use or services at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts Parasol EMT Pty Ltd’s name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party.
You agree to indemnify Parasol EMT Pty Ltd, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
- all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with your content;
- any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so; and/or
- any breach of the Terms.
14. Venue and Jurisdiction
The Services offered by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd is intended to be viewed by residents of Australia. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of the Australian Capital Territory, Australia.
15. Governing Law
The Terms are governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of the Australian Capital Territory, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.